Helpful Tips For Integrating Home Security Lighting In Burlington
Deterrence is a critical part of home security, and one of the top ways to keep prowlers away from your house is through the use of lights. A well-lit yard not only looks terrific, it’s also less likely to have burglaries. If you would like to upgrade your home’s defense, explore these valuable recommendations for home security lighting in Burlington. We have some ideas for outside and inside illumination that will help your family.
Elevate Your Home’s Protection And Allure With Exterior Lighting
The proper outside lighting and well-placed video cameras will help immensely in keeping prowlers away from your home. Implement the following Burlington outside lighting suggestions.
- Ensure entrances are covered: Front and back doors are still the most likely spots for intrusions. Make sure those entryways are covered but don’t ignore your garage. While powerful motion-detecting floodlights are a common solution for this spot, it’s not the only possibility. As an alternative to blinding your neighbors each time a critter scurries past, think about using less offensive lights that stay lit throughout the night. Granted, bright, motion-activated floodlights may ward off prowlers, but having a properly positioned light that stays lit has a greater chance of keeping them out of your yard altogether.
- Implement multi-purpose task lights: Those lovely lights along your stone walkway do more than guide you in the dark. They also permit you to see parts of your yard you might not otherwise be able to from indoors.
- Add style and security with accents: Not just for aesthetic reasons, accent lights are a great way to illuminate spots that may be used as hiding spots. You can put accents in mulch beds outside ground-floor windows, alongside retaining walls, or beside trees and hedges. These installations create a dazzling effect while enhancing your protection.
- Brighten your perimeter: A comprehensive approach to lighting should also consider the periphery of your yard. Illuminating your gates, fencing, and outer edges of your property can go a long way to dissuade burglars.
How To Enhance Safety With Interior Lighting in Burlington
Home security lighting in Burlington consists of more than just outside illumination. Your interior lights play a role in improving security too. Smart bulbs that can be implemented into your home’s defense are beneficial for various reasons, including the following:
- Scheduling capabilities: Keep your lights on a schedule and make it appear like the house is occupied. This is an easy deterrent and a smart plan if you’re traveling.
- Access from any location: If you go on a family holiday but don’t remember to set a schedule, you can still turn them on through your convenient smartphone app.
- Integration with other security devices: If the motion sensor on your exterior camera goes off, you can have an inside light brighten automatically. This capability is another deterrent to burglars.
Dissuade Intruders Even More With A Home Defense Package In Burlington From Secure24 Alarm Systems
Reinforce your well-illuminated property with the finest in home security from Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our advanced home security systems in Burlington permit you to control and automate all kinds of smart implements, including your lighting. Contact (802) 242-6460 today to design a package for your property.