How Does Geofencing In Burlington Integrate With A Security System?
Modern residential security installations have become more advanced by the day. With that being said, it’s still easy to forget to perform basic security chores like activating your a home security system, closing the garage, or even securing your front door.
Would you like it if you no longer needed to remember doing these tasks ever again? When you implement geofencing in Burlington, you can simply leave the driveway and make your security system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Burlington For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual boundary a set distance from your residence, which you are able to arrange in your smart security app. This convenient tool then utilizes your cell phone to determine when you go beyond the border and then triggers the tasks you have programmed.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart components take advantage of to share information with each other. This technological advancement assists your home security by putting all components onto one, unified network. You can draw specific boundaries on all sides of your home and program particular actions when you go past the boundary.
For instance, as soon as you exit your property, you could instruct your security system to secure your front and back doors, close the garage, and turn on your alarm. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing can notify your system to disengage the alarm, raise the garage door, turn on lights, and even alter your your temperature settings.
Below are several of the components you may command with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Various electronics such as Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage door sensors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways to use your property’s security system in Burlington. With the mobile app, you are able to make the most of smart home automation. With just a few taps of your phone, and you have the opportunity to:
● Set schedules: arrange your smart alarms and cameras to engage at a specific time. Have your lights start to turn down to tell you that it's bedtime, or deactivate your security alarms as you start your day.
● Manage how devices interact: Make particular devices activate based on another activity. Instruct your thermostat to activate the connected fan if the CO detector goes off. Or switch on your hall’s smart light when your surveillance system senses strange movements around your property.
● Customize scenes: Design room and event scenes with various smart components that function in concert with each other. Have your smart bulbs lower, the A/C go down, and the smart door locks activate when the day is done. Or set the mood for a movie marathon with the right light and temperature adjustments.
● Protect your home with geofencing: It's easy to forget to enable your alarm system if you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing functionality and your smartphone, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and lower the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Burlington
Whether you seek added reassurance of a completely secure residence whenever you drive away or you wish to take advantage of home automation, geofencing will make things easier. Speak with a skilled member of our team today at (802) 242-6460 or submit the form below to start designing your perfect security system.