Security cameras can solely be used as a deterrent—a sign that informs would-be thieves or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can leverage your security cameras to strengthen your home’s defenses.
Fortunately, the latest security cameras are equipped with a number of features all built to enable all-encompassing protection for your family. Whether it’s two-way talk and recording options or infrared dark vision and fast action motion detectors, these additions help you to have the most from video surveillance in Burlington.
How To Set Up Your Burlington Home Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
Mounting your security cameras on the optimal locations around your home is the right place to jump in at with home security.. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in frequented rooms like the living room or den. It’s also a great notion to set a camera pointed at main doors, stairs, or other common areas intruders would have to pass to access the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras ideally provide a clear scene of your patio, front walk, front and backyard, garage, and other outdoor detached constructions, like sheds. You can always see a view of your main entryway through a subtle doorbell camera.
There are places inside your house that aren’t quite as vital to surveil like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Secrecy for you and your family needs to be a chief concern before mounting a camera in a bedroom.. Consider adding window or motion sensors if you desire some type of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Optimize Video Surveillance
Component placement is only the foundation for utilizing the utmost from home security cameras in Burlington. The additions shown below help to elevate security and enhance overall home security.
- Motion detection: Get instant alerts on your mobile device the instant abnormal movement is detected. You can also program cameras to automatically start filming when movements are detected which serves to increase camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Configure your video surveillance to record and save clips for easy viewing later.
- 2-way audio: Most of today’s security cameras feature a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to chat with guests via the camera. Via your mobile app, you can make it seem you’re home or talk to your kids as they get home from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view is a term for how much a security camera can see, and provides a more exhaustive view of any space. Opt for cameras that have a minimum of 120° wide angle lens or that have the ability to pan in a wide arc for complete visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your home security cameras are equipped with either infrared or LED sensors that will capture footage of night-time activity.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more specific, program activity zones. For example, you can program your outdoor camera to inform you of activity occurring on your yard or your porch and ignore cars passing or foot traffic.
- Security app: security app, like ADT Control®, enable you to view live camera feeds, control cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send instant alerts when the sense something unusual taking place around your house.
Get Your Home Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your home security cameras in Burlington is simpler. From ultra fast motion detection to 2-way talk, your home security system can go from simply a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (802) 242-6460 or complete the form below to get started customizing your home security system today.